Friday, July 16, 2010

Raspberry Cooler

9 cups water, divided 3 & 6 cups
1/2 cup sugar
3 pkgs (10 oinces each) frozen sweetened raspberries
2-1/4 cups frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and undiluted (18 ounces)

In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Stir in the raspberries, lemonade concentrate and remaining water. Refrigerate overnight.

Strain rasberry mixture, reserving liquid. Press berries through a sieve. Combine raspberry juice with the reserved liquid. Serve over ice.

The recipe also asked for mint (1 to 1-1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint) but I omitted it because I am not sure I would like it and didn't want it to spoil the lemonade. You would add it in the beginning when you want to bring the mixture to a boil.

This was very good but I expect I could mix raspberry Kool-aid with a good lemonade and get the same results. I just never had favored lemonade and really liked this one.

I am not sure what magazine I clipped this from.

No comments:

Post a Comment